When to talk to a psychologist?
Whenever our relationships seem to be in trouble, we go to a close friend or confidant to look for advice. But we don’t seek professional counseling for it, because it doesn’t seem necessary. Fact is, more often than not, relationship issues that are not dealt with early on, escalate into something irreparable. You might still not walk out of the relationship, but you lose the spark. So why let that happen? Let’s take a look at a few scenarios where your relationships maybe heading down south and for which it’s perfectly alright to go to a psychologist/counselor to seek advice. They are not just for the psychologically ill; they can help you with everyday problems too!
- Have you been married a long time and are slowly drifting apart?
- Does your partner demean you at every possible occasion, yet profess that he/she loves you?
- Is your sex life dwindling – not because you can’t find time, but because you just don’t want to?
- Do you find yourself tempted to indulge in an affair behind your partner’s back?
- Do you, as a couple, engage in verbal or physical aggression and end up with bruises after every fight?
- Did a break up leave you heartbroken and you have lost all hope?
- Did you break up a long time ago bust still can’t get over him/her?
- Did you catch your partner cheating?
- Do you love someone but they love someone else?
- Are you two best friends fighting over the same girl?
- Do you feel used by a friend? He/she only acts like your best friend when they need something from you? This is what we call a toxic friendship.
- Do you want to tell something to a friend that’s going to break his/her heart but is good for them and don’t know know how to tell?
- Are you angry with a friend for stealing your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Are exams stressing you out?
- Do you feel like nobody understands you?
- Do you feel your freedom is being curbed?
- Do you feel you’re not popular enough at school?
- Are you dissatisfied with how you look?
- Did you do something that you’re very ashamed of/embarrassed about?
- Do you have questions about sex?
Above mentioned are just a few of the problems that Hope Network.in can help you with. Because we are a select team of highly qualified psychologists from India and abroad who have had years of experience coaching and counseling people to overcome life’s problems. Hope Network