This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Swarup 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Revival
    Revival
    Participant

Hi

I am a 24 year old guy. I was under depression (clinically diagnosed) for several years (roughly since when I was 16 yrs old to when I was 20-21). I also had general and social anxiety along with moderate O.C.D during that period. I had to go through a few incidents of bullying in college and violent outbursts that led to fights. I was under severe stress during my time in college (aged 18-20). I found it very difficult to learn and score high during that period. All in all, I was under tremendous stress while the disorders lasted. Although I have overcome those disorders (I have not been on medication for past 3 years and havent had a resurfacing of symptoms since, that I couldnt manage), I still find it very difficult to learn. If I force myself to sit with a book, I can barely learn for 30 minutes in 2-3 hour long sitting. I can maintain my concentration for the first 10-20 minutes but after that I feel terribly sleepy/bored/distracted and sometimes slightly anxious. Taking breaks doesnt help much. Before I had depression, it wasnt this difficult for me to concentrate. I could easily read and memorise things and would actually enjoy the process of understanding. However, now it doesnt seem all that enticing.

My question is, is it possible that my difficulties now are related to the psychological and emotional issues I faced in the past?

Swarup
    Participant

Hi you should make it only physical not emotional, because physical problems can be solved quickly than emotional problems. Problem with Reading books is not only your problem many people have this. So be free with all don’t take anything seriously to your mind. Be in touch with us..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.