This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Swarup 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rashmi
    Rashmi
    Participant

My biggest problem in life I resort to escapism even for small tasks. im a student of class 12 and this is hitting me very badly. I am trying hard and failing miserably. I never used to give up easily before. sometimes I feel like committing suicide, then again I have always been taught that it is cowardly to do. I am just getting miserable every day, crying uncontrollably. I have been having my preboards and I just chose to ignore it and did not even try working on it. I feel like I am dying slowly. I just don’t know why I behave this way and I am feeling guilty. just how do I get motivated?

Profile photo of Prachi
    Prachi

Dear Rashmi,
    We normally escape from a tall when it is either unpleasant or to overwhelming to handle. Do you think something like that might be happening? Are you feeling low all day, losing interest in even fun activities, suffering from disturbed sleep (lying awake for hours at night) and disturbed appetite (not feeling like eating or eating as a form of comfort)? If the answer to most of these questions is yes and it has been like this for more than 3-4 weeks, I think you might be going through a depressive episode. Have you faced something recently that triggered these symptoms? I would suggest that you inform your parents immediately, try to explain to them that you want professional help. The faster you can seek help, the easier it would be for you to get this under control. I’m suggesting going via parents because you’re still a minor and parental consent is essential. Do take care and all the best!

Swarup
    Participant

Hi Rashmi, u are only class 12 now so still u have to see many things in ur life. Things will not be the same all the time so try harder. Committing suicide is a useless and coward thing which u should not even think about it. Do u have any pressure from ur parents…?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.