This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Swarup 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

isha
    Participant

I am an engineering student in her 6th sem.
    I will be having placements next semester and I have huge doubts about getting placed. Each time I talk to any of my friends about it, they say I will and that I need to be more confident, but I really lack self-confidence and I’m scared that the people who will be interviewing me will see through my facade of confidence in a second. Most people are unable to see when i fake my confidence but these people are professionals and I won’t be able to hide it from them.
    I am scared I won’t get placed and disappoint my parents. I know that they will be understanding about it and even if they are angry about it they won’t stop loving me; but that’s not what I want. I want them to be proud of me. I don’t want them to settle for a daughter who isn’t doing well in her life.
    My exams are going on and I don’t seem to be doing as well as I wished. I worked really hard for them and it’s not showing any results. This has been happening semester after semester.
    I have lost interest in engineering and I can’t seem to find anything else that I am good at. I used to be good at this, but I am not anymore. I don’t know what I want from life, what I want for me. I feel lost and aimless and pretty much like a failure when I see my friends copping with all the stress so wonderfully.
    I can’t figure out what am I doing wrong? It’s getting very difficult to keep a strong face and take everything. I don’t want my parents to realise how lost I feel these days. I don’t want them to know how much of a failure I have turned out to be. I really want to make them proud but I feel like I’m disappointing them all the time. I am disappointing myself too now.
    I wish I could just figure out what I want to do with my life after engineering. I just want to be able to find something I am good at. I can’t remember the last time when I did something I liked and I did it well(both studies and otherwise)

Swarup
    Participant

Hi isha it will happen to many during final exams when they got the fear of not getting secured in interviews. i thing You don’t lost urself confidence but u lost confidence to become an engineer. When u don’t have interest in it then don’t go with that. Choose the job which u can do happily. As u r in 6th Sem so finished ur engineering for not getting job but for ur parents. And isha u can’t do anything forcefully and never worry about what others think of u, no one will going to give u anything. You are the one who can make ur life happy by taking right decisions. And don’t scare for anyone just think u can do anything in ur life, nothing is impossible. And if u have any questions or doubts then u can ask us

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.