This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tapasya.paul6 tapasya.paul6 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lindsey_sooze
    lindsey_sooze
    Participant

I have lost my mother 10 years ago. I am the only son of my father. When my mother got expired I have decided that I will do everything to make him happy. Before marriage my wife also agreed with my expectation.
    I felt change in my father behavior. 2 years back he visited to my in-laws place with me. During conversation with my wife my father-in-law interrupted him. Due to this he become very angry. He scolded my father-in-law in front of his family. I felt awkward. Still my wife remain silent that time.
    Last week my sister-in-law’s engagement attended by my father along with my wife. As he don’t want to send her alone.In the begining of journey he complained that your father-in law has not invited me for ceremony. As per my wife he was not satified there. He complained a lot about not taking care of him. In engagement ceremony 2-3 incident happened where he felt neglected.
    When they are coming back I went to receive them to station. There he was telling all the things to me in front of my wife. After some time my wife become inpatient and she told to my father that she did not want to go with him. She also told him that you should not behave there like that.
    After hearing this my father become silent and disturbed. He was not expecting this from my wife. He wept a lot for this in home. Now a days he is not talking to my wife. He told me that your wife has lost place from my heart. I am not going to forget this incident and forgive her entire life.
    Update : This entire incident hurting me a lot. I am feeling myself as a big looser. I always gave priority to my father and tried to keep him happy. Now he is saying that he will not live with me. This is unbearable for me. My mother always believed that I will take good care of my father. But now I am thinking that I have ruined her believe.

I can not scold my wife because I know that she is right at her place. Please guide me what should I do

Profile photo of lindsey_sooze
    lindsey_sooze
    Participant

Any expert comments on this…:(

Profile photo of tapasya.paul6
    tapasya.paul6
    Participant
    lindsey_sooze wrote:
    Any expert comments on this…:(

You can talk to your father and make him understand, if he don’t ask your wife politely to say sorry. Your wife is right but since your father is an elderly person he felt hurt. A mere sorry from your wife side can solve the matter. Support your wife and make her understand that a simple sorry can simplify the thing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.