i don't want to be a sociopath

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Rose Malcolm 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hvb
    Participant

I don’t feel fear or love. Unable to feel fear is bad i can’t know when is the right time to start preparing for exams and i usually get beaten up by people. I don’t want to hurt anyone when I’m calm but some annoying people i just and kill them at times. People usually like me at first. But then i walk away because i don’t want to hurt them. What should i do is there any cure?

Swarup
    Participant

Hi can u tell Us some more thing about you?

hvb
    Participant

I just wanna* kill them ( damn flow keyboard)
    Like what? Are you a psychologist?

Swarup
    Participant

No, first control urself Don’t kill anyone it will not going to end ur problems. People may tell u anything don’t worry about all. Just do what is good for u and for others. From ur work u should not harm any one then nobody will scold u. So be have confident on urself.

Dr. Rose Malcolm
    Participant

Well I have good news and bad news.
    Bad news: there is no cure for sociopathy.
    Good news: You aren’t a sociopath.
    Just because you want to kill people sometimes doesn’t mean you’re a sociopath. That just means you’re pissed off. That’s Normal. If you walk away because you don’t want to hurt people, then you aren’t a sociopath. Also, you don’t want to be a sociopath, so you aren’t. Sociopaths aren’t classified by whether or not they feel love or fear, necessarily. You CAN love even if you haven’t felt it before and you CAN feel fear even if you aren’t worried about your exams. And I would venture to argue that your walking away to avoid hurting people is in love. Isn’t protection an act of love? That’s not to discredit what you believe about yourself. In fact, it should be of some comfort that what you have is treatable unlike sociopathy. You should try to find where this aggression is coming from. What is it about people that agitates you? What makes you think that you will hurt them?

Dr. Malcolm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.