This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Namrata
    Participant

is there something called love? or its just the feeling of being around someone that you really like and appreciate?
    what i feel is love is literally very hyped…you love your parents its normal but you get to start liking a person and your parents are the first ones you hide your status from (too common in India)…according to me a better and nicer way to describe it is the feeling of liking that you have for a person that you really appreciate and want that person to be there for you. One of my friends said no one in the world is ‘indispensable’ when i was cribbing about her leaving for us for studies…..that time it was more of what crap! but now I realize how true it is. I read it somewhere that…”everyone can live on their own, but if you have a real chance at happiness, you would be stupid not to grab it!” Thats how i think we should look at all relationships where love is involved..friends, family, kids, boyfriend, relatives…….and the list is endless because at some poiny of time you really like a person thats why you talk to them and open up to them even if its for your own reasons.!!!

what do you think about it people????

Krishna
    Participant

What i feel about love is this..
    L = living
    O = on
    V = Valuable
    E = Ethics

Prachi
    Participant

Very interesting response Krishna…so you think Love is about ethics? Why don’t you elaborate or explain this a little more?

stranger
    Participant

It’s an interesting description of love, based on really liking the people you are related to parents,husband ,wife, siblings, relatives or want to be related to- friends boyfriend/girlfriend etc. Consider elaborating on the different developmental transitions and changes in these love relationships throughout life. A point in life when we used to like someone a lot but then we started disliking them, the probable transitions in the degree of liking going upto disliking.

Namrata
    Participant

the transitions does not come under love…in the teenage and the immature ages this is a word which we feel the feeling is but in real its never more than high level of liking or infatuation according to me!

Anonymous
    Namrata wrote:
    the transitions does not come under love…in the teenage and the immature ages this is a word which we feel the feeling is but in real its never more than high level of liking or infatuation according to me!

I disagree. That is the time when you feel the ‘real’ love. That is when the feeling does not involve questions like what about future, how will we sustain, what about family, a house home, car and what have you.. Ttthat is true love. You feel it truly. Later on, there is no love.. it is a compromise, adjustment.

Infatuation – is a word coined by these ‘intelligent and grown up’ people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.