This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Unknwnu ambriosso 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

elvesmera
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m a 21 year old and I’ve frequently battled depression. Even went for therapy a year ago but though it helped me get out of depression at the time I still haven’t found solutions to my problems.

I come from a dysfunctional family. My father has been passive aggressive all his life. No one in my family is capable of expressing emotions, love or concern the way you expect a normal family to. I’ve seen my father lash out at my mother for pretty much anything anytime. It’s made her numb towards the world.

I realized I had problems when I dealt with other people. When I saw how twrribly I handle conflict. I’d do anything to avoid it. I’ve ruined so many relationships because of it. When the fight or flight instinct kicks in I always choose flight. Its like a disability. I don’t know what to do. How to fix it. I just want it to go away somehow. I’ve treated people unfairly because of it and it kills me inside because they didn’t deserve it. I find myself sinking into depression and abhorring the person I am.

Any words of advice on dealing with this would be appreciated.

Prachi
    Participant

Dear Elvesmera,

I’m sorry to hear that you are facing such a tough time in life. Yes, the way we are raised does a lot to shape how we behave with the rest of the world;and social anxiety can be quite painful when everybody else seems to be doing those same things effortlessly. Depression too can take control of your mind and turn you into a person you don’t want to be. But fortunately, if tackled right, both social anxiety and depression can be dealt with. You have tried therapy before and it did help you. May be if a little bit of analysis had been added to your therapy earlier, you would have found the solutions you were looking for. I would very much like to help you out, however it is nearly impossible to give you advice in just a few lines. If you would like to work on it with me, you can reach me directly at [email protected] and we can come up with a proper therapeutic plan.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Swarup
    Participant

Hi it is good that you don’t loose ur confident so please make sure that you will take care of your mother. Time will definetly change so be calm and never loose hope that u can only change your life.

Unknwnu ambriosso
    Participant

Hi, I hope you’re doing fine now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.