This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lonesme24 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Student
    Participant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am doing post graduation after marriage. The in-law family and husband are financially well off. But i come from a familt that is not so rich. My mother recently resigned from her job due to health reasons.
    I am very close to my mother and share my thoughts with her daily. But, eversince her resignation she keeps telling that she doesnt have money, she is in a lot of financial trouble, my father doesnt take care of her much etc etc.
    I did ask her a few days back whether she expects any financial help from me for which she denied saying that she cant take money from my husband.

I am still studying and wish to do doctoral studies in future. I wont be able to help her financially till the time i settle. But, i cant listen to her cries daily as it makes me feel guilty. I am getting stressed by the day which is also affecting my studies. What should I do? Please help.

Swarup
    Participant

Hi sister your problem is not your’s is about your mother. you told me your mother had resigned the job, can you tell me why?

Student
    Participant
    swarup raj wrote:
    Hi sister your problem is not your’s is about your mother. you told me your mother had resigned the job, can you tell me why?

[align=justify][align=justify]Thanks for the reply Swarup.

She had a mild heart attack and is also a diabetic. She is a strong lady and has gone through a lot of mental tensions since young.

I do not know how to tell her that her disappointment and depression in life is affecting me to a great extent. I feel that she should encourage me to excel in studies and make a wonderful career so that i could protect her and take care of her financially in the long run.

Please suggest me ways of informing her about my problem

– Regards [/align][/align]

Swarup
    Participant

So please take care of Your mother, as she told you know that she can’t take have help of your husband but you can help her indirectly. Don’t give money to her instead of that give the things which are necessary for her. As u told that ur father is taking care of ur mother because of that ur mother is depressed and you r also staying away from her. Study well for the happiness of u ,ur mother and for ur family So be have confidence on yourself nobody can make ur life gud unless u can make your life beautiful. If u have anything please tell us , we will be happy to help u and me as your friend and brother….:)

lonesme24
    Participant

dear girl,
    i know you are worried about your mother…my mother is a working lady too….first…i never used to understand her….but slowly i have made a conclusion….
    she does not need my help…..she needs me to listen….she has many problems…and she would hate me to tackle them….but she will shout at me everyday….telling what her problems are….
    now i understand her….it took a long time…but all she wants from me is to listen…and who better than her daughter….who has seen her thru everything…and understands…what she does and why she does it….
    just let her know you will always be there for her
    it is more than enuf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.