This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of smileysharma smileysharma 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shikhas
    shikhas
    Participant

Suffering from domestic violence since last two years. Need help and guidance

I stay in Greater Noida. I am working in an MNC and drawing a decent salary. I am married for last two years, have no kids. Husband is also working in an MNC in Delhi. I stay with my husband and his family. My MIL, SIL, FIL are very greedy, selfish and shrewd. They expect my whole salary and the entire household from me. Moreover, my husband is very very aggressive and completely under the influence of his parents. He regularly gets frustrated with the problems in the house and beats me on the instigation of his parents. About a year back, he broke two of my tooth. I frequently remain absent from my job due to bruises and marks on my face and body. This time after he hit me in the eye and damaged some tissues in the eye, I left the house, hoping they will realize and apologize. I have never complained to police, hoping things will get better. This time also since last one month, I am staying in Noida in a paying guest accommodation, just hoping for things to improve. My husband hasn’t called me even once. I am, however, in constant touch with some of his friends. They are empathetic towards me and tell me that he has no remorse. All he is worried about is his parents’ dignity. He is consulting lawyers and contemplating a divorce.

I had a love marriage. Husband was better before marriage, he showed love and care in the initial months of marriage too. But he gradually turned violent and started hitting me at every small nuisance in the house.

I am still (if not in love) attached to him emotionally. Find it difficult accepting that he is not the right man to be with. My family wants to take a legal action against him. I am resisting that just in a hope that he may understand and change. But, don’t see any hope :(

Moreover, I do not want to go for a simple divorce, because in that case he will be able to easily remarry (he is handsome and earning very well). He and his family will easily get away with spoiling my life, and may spoil another life in future. I need guidance here. Also, please suggest a good NGO in Noida, where I can take some paralegal help.

Thanks.

Swarup
    Participant

Hi sister it is not easy to ur husband to take divorce without your permission. So be have confidence on your self. Don’t be panic for his family. U can go for police but it will damage ur life more from now. So have that as ur last option. Tell ur family to speak with ur husband’s family , from this u can know what will u can do…

Profile photo of shikhas
    shikhas
    Participant
    swarup raj wrote:
    Hi sister it is not easy to ur husband to take divorce without your permission. So be have confidence on your self. Don’t be panic for his family. U can go for police but it will damage ur life more from now. So have that as ur last option. Tell ur family to speak with ur husband’s family , from this u can know what will u can do…

Thank you for the kind, supportive words.

Swarup
    Participant

U r welcome, don’t loose hope in yourself, always be positive nothing is impossible , u only can make ur life beautiful. All the best

Profile photo of smileysharma
    smileysharma
    Participant

I know it is difficult; forget him completely and start a new life. Take counselling from expert counsellors to come out of your situation.
    If you don’t want to file a legal complaint; fine. Do take a legal advise; this will help you to gather proof against them in case they try to harm you.
    Wish you good luck and successful and prosperous life a head.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.