What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
Our therapists may also require additional information, which may be but not limited to, of clinical nature, previous health records or family background etc. to better understand your condition and tailor the sessions accordingly.
Any of these information need not be personally identifiable. You are not expected to and must not divulge information that can be used to personally identify you. Following is an indicative list of items that may be easily collated to personally identify you:-
- Name of doctor/ hospital along with your case number/other reference and date
- A detailed description of your locality and your family members
- Your name and address
- Your facebook profile etc
Please note that above list is only for reference. Use your discretion and share only generic information.
We use email address scrambling technology to hide email ids from automatic scrapers, however these can still be harvested by manual methods. We strongly discourage you from posting your email id in forums, comments or any other publicly accessible places on our website.
Your email address while you registered with us are safe with us and are never made public.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Our therapists may require certain additional information during the course of your sessions and these will be sought as and when necessary.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Your information is used by the therapists to make better assessments about your condition and hence provide you with most suitable counseling service. Your personal information is held safe by the therapist working with you and not normally shared with other therapists. However, there may be certain occasions when the therapists collaborate to arrive at better diagnosis and tailor the counselling sessions. In such cases, only minimal information as required is shared with others. Your contact information, user names etc are not shared in such cases.
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
All sessions will be conducted in the strictest confidence and all information concerning your counselling, including anything discussed between us, will remain confidential between the two of us. The only exceptions to this, where confidentiality may need to be broken, are if:
- You give consent in writing/email
- Your own life or safety, or that of another person, is seriously threatened;
- Disclosure is required by law;
- You file a private health care claim and the insurer requires information.
- If you are a minor, the information may be shared with your parents/guardian
- The details of cases WILL NOT be shared with your employer even if the sessions are paid for by your employer.
If there is a need for confidentiality to be broken, we will make every effort, where feasible and legally acceptable, to discuss the matter with you before talking to anyone else.
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service or filling out appropriate forms.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We are currently partially compliant with CAN SPAM Act.
Filling out the Contact Us form here.
Email us at [email protected]